ProN8ure (Protexin) Professional (Sachets) 2gm x 50
Concentrated multi-strain probiotic containing live beneficial bacteria
ProN8ure® is a concentrated multi-strain probiotic containing live beneficial bacteria.
- A blend of live viable microbes which benefits the host animal by improving the intestinal microbial balance.
- ProN8ure® helps maintain a balanced digestive system, thus optimizing digestion of feed and enhancing your animals' health, naturally.
- These microbes are safe non-toxic and residue free.
- ProN8ure® may be used during periods of stress.
- Compatible with feed ingredients including anthelmintics, coccidiostats, minerals and vitamins, and some antibiotics.
Active constituents: Each g or mL contains: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subspecies bulgaricus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus; Bifidobacterium bifidum; Enterococcus faecium; Streptococcus salivarius subspecies thermophilus.
Oil based formula containing 180 million colony forming units CFU/mL..
What is a Probiotic and how does it work?
- The digestive system of all animals and birds is home to literally billions of bacteria and yeasts, referred to as microflora.
- Microflora are essential to the health of any animal; aiding the digestion, breaking down cellulose and other indigestible substances; helping the synthesis and absorption of vitamins and minerals; simulating the immune system and preventing the proliferation of pathogens, (pathogens reduce nutrient absorption, animal performance and cause disease).
- Microflora can be disrupted quite easily and by causes as simple as transportation, change of environment, type of feed, medication, in fact any situation which creates stress for animals.
- A sustained upset to microflora for whatever reason often precedes the development of many conditions which require the involvement and specialist treatment of veterinarians.
- A Probiotic is “a live microbial feed supplement which beneficially affects the host animal by improving its intestinal microbial balance”. *
- While the history of live microbial feed supplements goes back thousands of years, it is only in the last 20 years or so that the science of Probiotics has come of age. With growing awareness of the benefits and the availability of a natural alternative, or joint treatment to traditional therapies, Probiotics are being widely utilized throughout the world for pets/companion animals, performance animals and those involved in the production of meat, milk and fibre.
ProN8ure is still the most advanced multi-strain Probiotic in the world today.
Unlike many other Probiotics that consist primarily of a single strain of bacteria, ProN8ure consists of seven different naturally occurring bacteria. The effectiveness and synergy of these strains has been proven in years of trials and production application.
The uniqueness of ProN8ure is not just confined to its multi-strain formulation. Research and Development has produced a special “protection” to ensure the highest possible numbers of bacteria survive the journey through the hostile conditions of the crop or stomach, into the gut where they rapidly begin to work for the benefit of the animal.
ProN8ure was Australia’s first nationally registered probiotic.
Where do ProN8ure’s micro-organisms come from and what benefits do they provide?
All micro-organisms contained in ProN8ure are naturally occurring and have been isolated from a wide range of food, plant, animal, bird and human sources.
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus & Streptococcus thermophilus - Isolated from milk, cheese and starter cultures. These are the same yoghurt starter cultures that have been associated with all the health claims made for yoghurt over the years.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus - Isolated from milk, cheese, other dairy products and human intestines.
- Lactobacillus plantarum - Isolated from dairy products, fermenting plants, silage, pickled vegetables, silage inoculant.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus - Isolated from intestinal tracts of animals, birds and humans. Used in manufacture of dairy products, starter culture.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum - Found in alimentary tract of breast fed and bottle fed infants.
- Enterococcus faecium - Isolated from animal and human intestines. ‘Widely used as a Probiotic.
Benefits of using ProN8ure.
- Improved growth of farm animals. - This is generally regarded as resulting from a suppression of a subclinical infection by a growth depressing micro-organisms; such a mechanism has been described for antibiotic growth promotion.
- Improved utilization of food. - Achieved by increasing the efficiency of the existing digestive processes and/or by promoting the digestion of previously indigestible substances.
- During periods of intestinal dysfunction. - This may include treatment and control of diarrhoea and the exclusion or suppression of pathogens like E.coli, Salmonella and Aeromonas spp.
- Improved health. - Generated by increasing resistance to infectious diseases either by direct antagonism or by stimulating immunity.
- Establishment/Re-establishment of microflora. - For the establishment of healthy gut microflora in immature animals or the re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotic use.
Is ProN8ure safe to use?
- All the micro-organisms used in ProN8ure are regarded as safe, non-toxic and residue free and:
- Have been used for many years as foods or in food production without adverse effects. This group includes Lactobacillus bulgaricus, and Streptococcus thermophilus.
- Occurs naturally in the gut of healthy animals and without them it is unlikely animals would perform at their best. This group includes L.acidophilus, L.rhamnosus, L. plantarum, and E faecium.
- American Food and Drug Administration regards the strains in ProN8ure to be GRAS (Generally Regarded
- As Safe) and ProN8ure continues to be registered by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority while being exempt from registration in New Zealand.
- As ProN8ure is safe it is impossible to overdose. Any excess micro-organisms are shed in faeces and are quickly destroyed by sunlight and dehydration etc.
- ProN8ure is compatible with feed ingredients including anthelmintics, coccidiostats, minerals and vitamins and some antibiotics.
When should ProN8ure be used?
ProN8ure can be used in a wide range of circumstances either to improve the general health of animals, address specific problems or to maximize the performance of farm animals.
Under general conditions ProN8ure can be used to:
- Improve health, naturally
- Stimulate appetite
- Aid in establishment of gut microflora in immature animals like day old chicks, calves, piglets, lambs, foals, kids, puppies and kittens
- Maintain healthy gut microflora
- Re-establish gut microflora after antibiotic treatment
- Treat diarrhoea/scours; inhibit harmful pathogens
- Optimize digestion of feed
- Reduce digestive disturbances and upsets
- Reduce stress
During periods of stress
Stress disrupts the normal intestinal balance of microflora and can easily lead to both the reduction in numbers and the efficiency of bacteria which in turn can lead to further stress.
Some examples of when stress can be induced are:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Temperature extremes
- Diet changes
- Change of environment
- Training and exercise and medication.
Also, following animal husbandry procedures such as:
- Antibiotic use
- Weaning and worming,
To improve performance of farm animals
For pigs, dairy and beef cattle ProN8ure improves weight gain and feed conversion. For poultry, the same applies with the added benefit of reduced mortality.
For use by Feed Mills
ProN8ure can be used in milk replacers and loose mixes for the manufacture of safe and residue free feeds for livestock.
For application by Veterinarians
Following surgery, vaccinations, worming, use of Antibiotics and other medical treatments.
How often should ProN8ure be administered?
The levels of micro-organisms which inhabit the gut are constantly changing and are easily affected by many conditions. For this reason it is recommended that ProN8ure is used at maintenance dose levels every day. For treatment of specific problems ProN8ure should be introduced or increased to stress levels, as indicated on product labels.
Which animals or birds will benefit from ProN8ure?
ProN8ure has been approved for use with all young and mature animals and birds, including pigs, poultry, beef and dairy cattle, horses, sheep and goats, dogs and cats, caged birds and other animals.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Oveds Pet Store users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.